Ok, so you overdid it. Your head is pounding, the room is spinning, and your stomach is in a knot. Now, what? Hair-of-the-dog? NOT!!!!!!!
There are no cures for a hangover, except time. But there are some things you can do to ease the pain and help your body to process the alcohol faster.
- Hydrate – you wake up with your mouth feeling drier than the desert because you’re dehydrated. That’s what alcohol will do to you (besides make you feel like crap!). So chug-a-lug 8 oz. of water every 30-60 minutes throughout the day.
- Orange Juice or Honey – the fructose will help your body to breakdown the alcohol faster, allowing you to feel better faster. Try 8 oz. fresh OJ or 1 tbs. honey in your tea.
- Sports drinks – triple whammy – hydrates, fructose, and electrolytes.
- Do not go and get the greasy hang-over food you did back in your college days. This will NOT help your hangover or your nauseous stomach. Instead, eat a slice or two of toast and a banana. If you can keep that down, then go back in and hour or two for something else.
- Go for a walk, not a sweat session. It will make you feel better by helping the alcohol to get out of your system faster.
- Take some ibuprofen or acetaminophen. It will helps with the headache.
- Get back into bed. Sleeping it off will make the day (and the hangover) go by faster.