We all love tacos! Here’s a great twist on a favorite that works great for breakfast. Loaded with flavor, protein, good carbs, and healthy fat. You can choose to make them spicy or mild.
p.s. I’ve also made them for dinner, and they were a hit!
- 2 eggs or 6 egg whites (your choice)
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried black or pinto beans
- 1/4 cup shredded light cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa (your choice to go red or green)
- 2 tbs. guacamole
- 2 tbs. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- optional: hot sauce (I like Cholula)
- Coat a nonstick skillet with coking spray and place over medium-high heat. When hot add eggs (if you use whole eggs, you can choose to scramble them or cook them sunny-side up or over-easy) or egg whites and cook until done.
- Heat the tortillas on the stove or in the microwave to warm them up. Place on a plate and put 1/4 cup refried beans on each. On each tortilla, place half of the egg, cheese, salsa, guacamole, and yogurt. Top with hot sauce, if you like.
On a personal note: my favorite combination is refried balck beans, egg whites, salsa verde (Trader Joe’s), guac, yogurt, and a dash of Cholula. I’m not a big fan of cheese, so I leave it off.
My husband likes either refried pinto or black beans, eggs over-easy, red salsa on one taco, green salsa on the other taco, a little cheese, guac, yogurt, and hot sauce.
Let me know how you like it!