There wasn’t much time for a sit-down breakfast today, but I knew I couldn’t leave with an empty stomach. My go-to meal on the run – Yogurt Parfait. Easy, delicious, nutritious, beautiful (remember, you eat with your eyes!).
- 8 oz. plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup mixed berries (any fruit will do)
- 1/4 cup granola (I use Kashi Go-Lean Crunch or Nature’s Path Organic Hemp Plus)
- 1 tbs. ground flax seed
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
1. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, cinnamon, flaxseed, and agave syrup. Then layer half of the yogurt in a glass or clear plastic cup. Top with half of the fruit and half of the granola. Repeat with the rest of the yogurt, followed by the remaining fruit and granola. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
You can always use this same recipe and throw it in a blender and have a breakfast smoothie. If that’s the case, them add a little orange juice to smooth it out.
Let me know how you like your yogurt parfait or smoothie.