I just finished baking my famous Banana mini-muffins and the aroma in the house is amazing! The kids are devouring the muffins and breakfast hasn’t even been made yet!
I’m also making Mini mushroom and sausage Quiche, cooked in a muffin tin for easy cooking and great presentation. Along with that there will be an array of fresh fruit (mango, raspberries, and oranges), and a variety of drinks (tea, orange juice, mango juice).
BANANA MINI MUFFINS
- 1 ¼ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tbs. Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Splenda or 2 tbs. agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 360° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash banana, and mix in egg substitute, cinnamon, vanilla, and Splenda until well-blended.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and blend until incorporated. Do not overmix. Pour into mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 360°F for 12 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
MINI MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE QUICHE
These crustless mini Quiche are like portable omelets. Morningstar veggie sausage and sautéed mushrooms keep them light and savory. Small and satisfying, they’re also a good finger food for your next cocktail party.
1 dozen mini quiches
- 8 ounces Morningstar sausage links, thawed and crumbled or chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray (see Tip).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer mushrooms and sausage to a bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Add the mushrooms and sausage and mix well. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Place in oven.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the Quiche out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
- A good-quality nonstick muffin tin works best for this recipe. If you don’t have one, line a regular muffin tin with foil baking cups.